Image Map

Oreo Surprise Cupcakes with Oreo Frosting

Yesterday was my dad's birthday so my brother walked me to the store get ingredients to make these delicious Oreo cupcakes (My mom's car was in the repair shop)! My dad is turning 46, so I made 23 cupcakes and put two candles in each of them! I also put a colorful pinwheel flag into the cupcakes and a little Oreo! I thought it was so cute! 

For my dad's birthday I did a carnival theme, which means in every room there was a different game. In the family room, I did a game show kind of thing where my mom and brother would answer 15 questions and whoever got the most right would win a whole day with dad! In the dining room, I did a game called "Pin the Hearts on the Daddy" where it was like Pin the Tail on the Donkey! In the kitchen there was a game called "Question Time," where you at roll a die and you answer one of six questions depending on what number you got. And the first person to get all six questions would win! And my dad's office, there is a game called "Guess Your Gift" which is pretty much just where he could look at the size of the shape of the gift and try to guess what he got. Outside near the pool there was a game called "Water Ping-Pong" where there were two teams and one person from each team would have a mug. They would fill the mug at the base of the pool and run around opposite sides of the pool to get to a bowl with the ping-pong ball in it. The first person to fill the bowl up and have the ping pong ball fall out would win!

Here is my recipe. The frosting s very messy because I don't have the bags and tips yet:

Preheat: 350

Cooking Time: What it says on box

Makes: 24 cupcakes

Difficulty Level: 2.1 out of 5

Ingredients:
One package of Oreo cookies
One package of mini Oreos
One package chocolate cake mix
8 ounce cream cheese
1/2 cup butter/1 stick
3 3/4 cup powdered sugar
One TSP. Vanilla extract
Cupcake liners

Instructions:
Cupcakes:

Mix cupcake batter according to cake mix directions. Put paper cups in pan and one regular size Oreo in paper cup. Take 1/2 of remaining cookies and add to cake mix. Fill the cupcake tins. Bake what it says on the back of box.

Frosting:

Cream together butter and cream cheese. Add vanilla, then powdered sugar. Chop remaining regular sized Oreos very fine/or use blender. Add to frosting. After cupcakes have been cooked, frost and decorate with mini Oreos.








 This is before we went out to dinner:

3 comments:

Kay dancingbrushpainting.blogspot.com said...

Great ideas, Ellie! Sounds like a fun birthday party.

Anonymous said...

Wow - these are really great and such a cool idea for making someone's birthday special! Bet these ideas are scooped up and used elsewhere. Kudos for making your Dad's birthday so special.

Sandra Lee said...

I am really enjoying your blog Ellie and would love to try these cupcakes. So cool that you followed a theme, great job!